Federal and state laws provide employees with numerous rights in the workplace. Employers often violate these laws, causing employees to suffer damage to their careers, lost wages, and emotional distress. The Law Office of G. Martin Velez focuses on pursuing legal remedies on behalf of employees harmed by the unlawful conduct of employers, supervisors, and co-workers.
Mr. Velez is an employment attorney, with nearly two decades of experience as a trial lawyer. The following are among the types of employment matters Mr. Velez handles:
- Wrongful termination
- Sexual harassment and sexual discrimination
- Harassment and discrimination based on disability, pregnancy, race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, and age
- Failure to provide a reasonable accommodation
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Wage and hour
The Law Office of G. Martin Velez serves the San Francisco Bay Area, including Alameda County (Fremont, Hayward, Oakland, and Pleasanton), Contra Costa County (Concord, Martinez, and Walnut Creek), Marin County (San Rafael and Novato), Napa County, San Mateo County (Menlo Park, Redwood City and Daly City), Santa Clara County (Mountain View, Palo Alto, and San Jose), Solano County (Vallejo and Fairfield), and Sonoma County (Petaluma and Santa Rosa).